Robert -
Your short short is about a day in the life of Jenson, who is late to his job because of traffic, or maybe because of the girl who was in his bed...it seems like days like these are normal for him.
I liked the dialogue in this story. It was interesting how you presented the television as if the people on it were in the room. It is an interesting statement about television that it is included in our lives so much that we actually try to accommodate the people on it into our lives. I feel like a lot of the dialogue was really natural and comfortable to read so good job.
A few parts in there get confusing. Does he work for a lawyer? If he does, why is he wearing cargo pants to work? I didn't notice that Jenson changed any throughout the story. I'm not sure how to recommend him to change... I don't know if he is unhappy or happy with his life. So, there may be no conflict in this story other than a boss who is really demanding.
At the end of the story, the narrator mentions that the cat was watching Snookie on T.V. Is this the woman who is catlike or is this Jenson's cat? I feel like there may be some significance to the ending that I am not getting.
No comments:
Post a Comment