Christina -
This short story is about a girl, Julia, who is surfing around Facebook and remembering her brother, Thomas, as well as contemplating the burden of social media.
I think it is really interesting that you used Facebook and a brother with leukemia together to create this story. I feel like there may have been a lot of themes going on combined with seriousness and hilarity. It got to be kinda full for a six page story. I would suggest either making it funny or making it serious and deciding on whether you want Julia's relationship with her brother to be the main focus or Facebook.
I did really like the comedy you included when it came to Facebook posts and things. It got a bit morbid with the suicide event. And I think it gets heavy when it is juxtaposed with Thomas and his illness. So again, I may choose to include one or the other...but I don't know. It didn't bother me to the point where I was too uncomfortable.
I would also like to see a bit more scenes in your story. I'd like to see more interaction with the brother. She obviously really loved him and I want to love him and understand her heartbreak when he died and why she felt the need to give him a life on Facebook.
I think you really have a lot to work with and I really think that the comedy you included is golden! You had me laughing. I enjoyed reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment